The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Adieh Review

Hi guys!

Today I will be reviewing The Rose and The Dagger by Renee Adieh.
Image found here: http://images.gr-assets.com/books/1443797156l/23308084.jpg

I would like to start off by saying, well done Renee Adieh. She has managed to craft a beautiful story with intricacies that only an old legend can have.
Yet again, the writing style was incredible in this book. It was poetic and beautiful. The plot was interesting and kept me captivated till the very end. There were so many twists and turns that I didn't know what to do with myself. Each one struck a different emotion. Hate. Anger. Lust. Sadness. 
Another thing that I really enjoyed about this was the character growth and how the relationships changed. The characters that were introduced really impacted the story, which some of the time they don't in YA novels so I appreciated that. The aspects of family, friendship and love were magnificent. Although I have never seen so much backstabbing in one book. I would've never guessed who would betray who, just as in the first novel. The aspect of betrayal carries over nicely into this conclusion from the first book. 

I finally say that for those ignorant enough not to have read it, I am telling you now, read these books and become captivated in the stories. You will love the Persian setting. 

P.S. Once you are done, definitely read the epilogue, it may be my favorite part.

4.75 out of 5 yellow roses.

That is all for this review but you can check out my review for the first book, The Wrath and the Dawn, HERE

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)