Books to Read When You Are in a Reading Slump

Hi guys!
So I did this idea a long time ago and now that I have evolved on this blog and so many other books have come out since then, I want to share with you some books that personally help me get out of a reading slump, and most of these, you guys would probably agree with as well. So I hope this is helpful and lets get on with the post!

1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

This one I feel is fairly obvious, but for most of you guys out there, Harry Potter is wicked nostalgic and for those who have read it hundreds of times like me know that it is very easy to get through. All around it just makes people happy and more willing to read more.

2. Divergent by Veronica Roth

Another fairly obvious one, and it feels like I haven't talked about this book in a little while. This was the first YA book I ever read when I was in the 4th grade, which now feels so young now that it has been so many years, so this is also very nostalgic for me and it is a really easy book to read which I like. Personally, it really gets me in the mood for YA when I read it.

3. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

It is probably no surprise to my fans who have been here for a while that this is on the list. This is one of my ultimate feel-good books and it always gets me pumped to read contemporaries so when I'm in a slump, this is definitely one that I pick up.

4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 

Now this is the first book on the list that I have not personally used to get myself out of a reading slump but I know some of my friends and fellow YA Book Bloggers really love to reread this book when they are in a slump so I thought that it would be some useful info for you guys!

5. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

So I guess you could call this one an oldy. Im not sure if all of you guys have read it, although you should have heard of it, there is an entire series and there are movie adaptations. But this is one of my ultimate summer reads and it is also a feel-good book, although there are some hard aspects in this like death. But it definitely is one of my unsung heroes, because I know that I don't talk about it that often. I really do love these books and they are perfect for when you are in a slump, especially if you have not read them yet!

6. The Selection by Kiera Cass

Another one that my long-time readers were expecting to be on this list. This is a very popular book and it is one of my favorite feel-good books. I even reread it recently to try and get myself out of a slump and so far it is working! I really like rereading this book just because they make me feel good inside and they are so quick and easy so you feel accomplished and it is easier to get back into the books that you want to read!

That is all for this post and I hope you found it enjoyable and useful to you!


Thanks for reading, bye!

Delaney M.

P.S. You can check out my reviews for some of these books by going to my Book Reviews page, listed at the top of the screen, or by just clicking HERE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)