Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag


Hi guys!
Today I will be doing the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag. The number of people who I have seen do this tag has been way too many before I finally got myself to do it after being tagged. Thank you to Nikki Swift Reads for the tag and I am so glad to finally be getting to this! Go check out her tag by clicking on the hyperlink listed before.

Let's get right into the tag!

How much have you read?
Honestly I have not been reading as much as I wanted to this year and I know my Goodreads isn't accurate because I have been doing a good amount of rereads this year and Goodreads doesn't count those. I think I've read about 15 books total this year which is a lot less than I wanted to but college got really busy and I didn't have the time or energy to read much during school.

Best book you've read so far in 2020?
Probably my favorite book of this year was Save the Date by Morgan Matson. It was honestly the exact book I needed at the time I read it and it made me just so happy. I didn't give it 5 stars but very close to it. I highly recommend this book as a nice summer read if you like contemporaries. With everything going on in the world right now it is always good to have a fun light book. 

Best sequel you've read so far in 2020?
I have been rereading the Harry Potter series with my boyfriend since late last year and the favorite sequel I've read so far has to be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. With this being said I do not support JK Rowling and her transphobic views. For me, personally, I am able to separate the art from the artist. Her horrible comments don't make me lose that nostalgia from the books that I have been reading since second grade or does it change how I feel when I read them. If you are someone who is not able to do that and vow off Harry Potter because of that, I don't blame you. This is just my own personal viewpoint on the books and I in no way support her views.

New release you haven't read yet but want to?
Everybody has been talking about Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender and I definitely wanna pick it up when I get the chance!

Most anticipated release for the second part of the year?
More Thank Just a Pretty Face by Syed M. Masood. I honestly didn't know which book was most anticipated so I looked at my post where I showed a few I know are anticipated in the YA community and I am definitely excited for this one!

Biggest disappointment?
For me, it wasn't the overall book but the beginning of Meet Cute was definitely a disappointment for me.

Biggest Surprise?
There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool. This book had a slow beginning and for a book that I randomly picked up based on the cover I am really surprised that I liked this book so much! The story ended up being so amazing.

New favorite author (debut or new to you)?
I talked about this in my review for Meet Cute but I have never actually read anything by Nicola Yoon and her short story in Meet Cute was one of my favorites if not my favorite. I really wanna read a full fledged book of hers ASAP.

Underrated gems you've discovered recently?
Not exactly recently or even this year but Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch is such an amazing book and I loved it. Definitely an underrated book.

Rereads this year?
As I said before, my boyfriend and I are rereading Harry Potter together. It is such a fun experience :)

Newest fictional crush?
I know a lot of people thought of Bill as irrelevant and people didn't really like him in Save the Date by Morgan Matson but I actually loved him!

Newest favorite character?
I love Citra from Scythe by Neal Shusterman!

Book that made you cry?
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler. Now I read this book a long time ago but I had my boyfriend read it and we read a lot of parts together and yet again it made me cry. If you wanna see the post where I talk about getting my boyfriend to read my favorite books click HERE.

Book that made you happy?
I know I mentioned it many times before, but Save the Date by Morgan Matson just made me so so happy.

Favorite book to film adaptation?
I have not actually watched any book to film adaptations this year. :(

Most beautiful cover you've bought this year (or received)? 
As I said before, I actually bought There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool because the cover was just so beautiful.
Look how pretty this is!!!!

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I don't have any books that I need to read I just want to be able to read a good amount of books that I enjoy and keep on reviewing them. That's all really.

Favorite post that you have done this year?
Getting My Boyfriend to Read Some of my Favorite Books is probably my favorite post I made this year. Not many people actually saw it but I had so much fun writing it!

Favorite book community members?
I don't have a favorite or anything, but I love all the people in this community because we are all so supportive of one another.

I Tag....
Everybody can obviously do this if they want to but I tag...

Belle Rose Reads
Comfort Reads
Books Tune
Az You Read 

I know everybody has already done this tag but I thought, what the hell, it's the thought that counts so I tagged a few people.

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M.



Comments

  1. Thanks for the tag! I really loved reading your answers. I also really liked Save the Date, it's such a funny book! Hope you enjoy Felix Ever After when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Yeah that summer feeling from Save the Date you can't beat. Thank you :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)