Save the Date by Morgan Matson Review

Hi guys!
I am very excited to be sharing my review for Save the Date by Morgan Matson!

RATING: 4.5 out of 5 Yellow Roses

So if you guys don't know I got this book a while ago, like for my seventeenth birthday a while ago. And I finally found the perfect time for me to read it which was this nice spring/summery time here in New England and let me just say IT WAS THE PERFECT TIME TO READ IT! It was exactly what I needed, circulating around a spring wedding how could it not be filled with that fluffy goodness that I crave for these times, especially now. Speaking of New England, the fact that it was set in Connecticut made me so happy because the mention of towns and cities like Boston that I am uber familiar with just made me more connected to the story. I loved the fact that basically the whole book took place in the span of 3 days and in those three days everything that could have gone wrong for a wedding did. And even with all these mishaps I still couldn't help love this book and the sweetness of it. I felt this incredible relatability towards Charlie and I really enjoyed how real her character was. In the beginning that romance between Charlie and Jesse gave me that giddy feeling inside because even though I have a boyfriend and we've been together for a while, I still get that butterfly rush feeling in my chest when I see a text from him or just see his face so I completely understood Charlie's emotions during that time. With the disasters of the wedding and the family drama I still thought this book was perfectly light and fluffy and made it really easy to get through. The fact that it was a big family was really reminiscent of my own family without the camaraderie or large age gaps but still, there was a familiarity to it. 

SLIGHT SPOILER SECTION:::::: DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE MILD SPOILERS
So first off I wanna say that I definitely understand Mike's resentment towards his family after years of exploitaion of his life and then the act of what I see as betrayal from his mom. So yeah, I would be pretty fricken mad. I did however like the nice ending with the feeling that things were slowly going back to a "new normal" and that Mike was getting along with the family again with the scene of Charlie and him going off to college together. That was one thing that kind of annoyed me though. Neither of her parents actually moved her into college and I don't know anybody who does that but it seems like it shows up in book and movies all the time. It seems frustrating to me just because I definitely needed my parents there on my college move-in day even though nobody cried and it wasn't this huge thing it still is a major life moment that I wanna have shared with my parents. Still that one little detail didn't stop me from really enjoying this book overall. I thought the divorce twist was actually a nice conclusion to the story line and it was well-done. Even though I don't actually have any experience with divorce, from what I know, it seemed pretty realistic.

That is all for my review today, I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)