Cursed by Thomas Wheeler (Illustrated by Frank Miller)

Hey guys,

Today I will be reviewing Cursed which is written by Thomas Wheeler and illustrated by Frank Miller.
So this was a very highly anticipated book for 2019 and I actually got it for Christmas this last year. If you don't know, Cursed is essentially a King Arthur retelling and it is speckled with illustrations by famous Frank Miller who is most known for his Batman comics. Additionally you've probably heard of Thomas Wheeler who is known for his screenplays originally. This book lived up to the height and it was definitely a page turner. The plot twists were well-done and although sometimes not mind-blowing, still got me to keep reading past the time that I wanted to.
Firstly, I did enjoy how each character really played a part and everything was thoughtful. Some of the characters however somewhat annoyed me. Even namely the main character, I didn't really connect with Nimue but I understood her decisions and her storyline.
Secondly, the plot was really interesting and I was locked in for long periods of time. The only reason I didn't finish it earlier was because of finals.
All in all I did really like the book and the play on the King Arthur story. Having learned the history of King Arthur in depth with the older classics written about him in a college class, I thought it was really interesting how they put every classic character in, but in a different context.
There isn't much else that I wanna say because I want this to be a spoiler free review, but I am really happy how this book is going to be adapted on Netflix because I'm always interested to see what gets put into series and movies from books and what gets left out. This seems like an amazing book to be adapted into a series based on the plot and the pacing of it.
I'm gonna rate this one a 3.75 out of 5 yellow roses!

Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)