Most Anticipated YA Book Summer Releases Part 2!

Hey guys,
Clearly I missed too many anticipated YA books that are being released this summer and I am so ashamed, so to rectify it, Im gonna be doing a part two. This is also a plus because I saw that a lot of you guys really enjoyed the last one!
So let's get into it...

1. Midnight Sun by Stephanie Meyer
Release Date: August 4th, 2020

This one is the probably the biggest and hypest one on the list that I happened to leave out thinking, stupid me, that it was being released in the fall like in late September??? Clearly that is not the case as it is being released on August 4th of this year and really this is one of the most anticipated books ever. This is, if you don't know if you do just skip this part, Stephanie Meyer told all of her Twihard fans that this was going to be released after Breaking Dawn. But then it just never happened. It just wasn't released and nobody heard anything about it. NOW! After 12 years of waiting after the end of Breaking Dawn, this book that every Twilight fan has been waiting for it finally being released. Now I was in no way a huge Twilight fan like I know a lot of people were. Actually my mom had all the books and read them and one day my friends were just like "we have to read them!" so I did. And I was like 11 or 12 maybe. There was just something about the books that made them so fast to read for me and I enjoyed reading them actually. Not like I fell in love with Edward or Jacob enjoyed, but I was definitely encapsulated by the story. It took me no time to finish all 4 books and I had a good time, all in the while thinking to myself at many parts, "well that was kind of stupid" but I still had a lot of fun! Now this book that everyone has waited for 12 years for is finally being released and 100% deserves a #1 spot and this long rant about it.

(I just thought this was too perfect not to put in here too)

2. Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee
Release Date: August 14th, 2020

This is the third book in a very highly loved series here in the YA community and I have been so close to buying and reading the other books in this series but just never have. Now maybe with this book coming out I will have the drive to read through all of them because I have just heard amazing things.

3. Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch and Kristen Simmons
Release Date: ALSO August 4th, 2020

This is a particularly anticipated book for me at least because Sara Raasch wrote some of my favorite books in the Snow Like Ashes trilogy which I absolutely fell in love with! So it is amazing to see this starting of a new series! 

4. More Than Just a Pretty Face by Syed M. Masood 
Release Date: AGAIN August 4th, 2020 (popular release date this year :) )

By the sound of the description of this book, it sounds like exactly what I need this summer. It is supposed to be a fun cutesy romantic comedy and I really wanna read it soon! It sounds like my perfect kind of feel-good summer book!

5. Splinters of Scarlet by Emily Bain Murphy
Release Date: July 21st, 2020

First off, the cover of this is spectacular, it is so original and so cool. Also just the fact that this book is set in nineteenth century Denmark which I have never read a book like that and it sounds so interesting and I think I might have to go and pick this one up when it is released!

6. The Game by Linsey Miller
Release Date: August 4th, 2020

This seems like a great thriller read, and I watch so much crime TV and it seems to have that same vibe as those kind of shows. It is essentially meant to be a mashup between The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie and Riverdale which seems to be very enchanting for people which is why there is buzz going around about it. 

7. The Nemesis by SJ Kincaid
Release Date: August 25th, 2020 

This is the third and final book in the Diabolic series which the first book I really liked but I have yet to read the second book which is sad. But this seems like an amazing series and I'm excited to see what people have to say about it too!

8. The Storyteller's Daughter by Victoria McCombs 
Release Date: July 14th, 2020

The early readers of this book seem to really really like it. It is told as a retelling of Rumplestiltskin which I think is not done enough in retelling stories for YA. Immediately I saw someone relate it to Ella Enchanted which I really loved so I think I would enjoy this one as well. Also just LOOK AT THAT COVER!

Thanks for getting through this second post of anticipated summer releases and I hope you found value in this post!

Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)