There Will Come A Darkness by Katy Rose Pool Book Review

Image result for There will come a darkness
Image found HERE

Ok first off, I know, I know. I have not posted anything in over a year and I can't explain it really other than that I have been dealing with so much over this past year that I haven't exactly found the time to get myself back into this review. But now I am BACK!

I would like to say that before reading this book, I didn't realize the hype surrounding it. As with not being on my website for over a year and hardly ever having the chance to read with school going on, I don't keep up with book hype that much anymore. That's all gonna change because OH. MY. GOD. this book was fantastic. With the little time that I have found over that last months to read, typically I had yet to encounter one of those awe-inspiring books that make me exclaim out loud and not allow me to put the book down. These are the books that drag their readers out of even the deepest book slump. And after just finishing this book I can say that I am affectively de-slumped.

Now onto the real review.

It's hard to believe that this book is Pool's debut novel because the world is incredibly intricate, immersive and all-around well-done. Although at the beginning of this book it was easy to be confused, with many different POV's and a very expansive world and a brand-new magic system, Pool had a way of writing that it all worked out in the end and you end up truly invested in this world.
Pool here is a master of plot-lines. The ability to weave together all this twists and turns with these characters was truly masterful. I couldn't help but truly call up my boyfriend whenever I reached a truly amazing twist and just yell into the phone "OH MY GOD" and promptly hang up so I could go back to reading. This book is riddled with intense political intrigue and characters that you cant help but fall in love with their tragic stories. As I explained to my friend that she has to read this spectacular book, she asked me who my favorite character was and I couldn't help but say Anton. Definitely one of the most intriguing characters and all around amazing, my emotions were tied with him until the very end. With that being said, I really loved the relationship between Anton and Jude that grew during the second half of the book.
Even the build-up of this book was interesting, when typically with fantasy books set in a world other than our own, the build-up can be boring and tedious but necessary. However, Pool found a way to make the first part of her book also have an amazing plot instead of constant world building.
I will say that the very main plot twist in this book I saw from a mile away but the fact that there were so many other ones sprinkled in that blew my mind were amazing.

Go read this book
Its worth the hype.

Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)