The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine Review

Hey guys!
Today I will be reviewing The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine. But bear with me, you guys, I read this book a while ago so this will not be a very detailed review, and it may not be totally true, I guess is a word I could use. Just saying, this review may be tinted by the fact that it has been many days since I have read the book and I have read other books since.
So let's get onto the review!

Image found here:http://600f88128e28816e9c27804d209ff50bad2a2d476387238ea9ac.r80.cf1.rackcdn.com/2016/02/shadowqueen-sneakpeek.jpg

Let me just start by saying that I LOVE the artistry of this book. The cover is beautiful and it has a great texture with not RAISED font but it is cut out as if there is an actual apple on the page and it has been carved. The inner pages are beautiful as you can see in the photo above, the spine of the book is beautiful and the even the back is amazing. And that is the only reason why I bought this book. I went into this book blind, meaning that I had no idea what it was about.
It turns out that this book is a Snow White and the Evil Queen retelling. 

The plot of this book was very well done and I could see a clear path for a story that and that it was going to be great. I highly enjoyed the characters and they had many different qualities that were appealing. The only thing that I did not like with the characters was that their relationships with other characters seemed a little forced and unnatural, but these relationships were like nothing I had ever read so it may just be ignorance that is clouding my vision.

There were some very good plot points and twist and turns. This book did keep interesting which made me just want to read and read. I was able to read this book in a matter of 24 hours and I really did enjoy reading this. 

So all in all, I really did enjoy this book and I am surprised that more people haven't been raving about this book. The release date was February of this year, so it is still in the beautiful hardcover. You guys definitely need to pick this one up because the rating that I give this book is 5 out of 5 yellow roses!


I hope you liked this shorter review and I will have some more content up very soon. Also I will be announcing the winners of the writing contest soon. 

More updates soon!

See ya!
Delaney M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)