Delirium by Lauren Oliver Review

Hey guys,
Today I will be reviewing Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

Image found here: http://laurenoliverbooks.com.s182294.gridserver.com/images/bookcover_home_delirium.jpg

This was an okay book. But the only thing holding it from me saying that it was an awful book was the fact that it made me want to keep on reading. I will do this review in sections.

Characters: I didn't really find any of these characters enjoyable to read about. I had no connection of feeling towards any of the characters and I did not care what happened to them. Lena I thought was annoying and although I do love a good character development, her's was far from good. Lena turned into a self-conscientious girl who knows what is best for herself, to a brat that just wanted to be with her boyfriend. And the change was sudden. It wasn't eased in throughout the entire book. Alex, I thought, was an okay character but I didn't love to have him around. 

Plot/concepts: The plot seemed very slow and it didn't seem to have a real problem occurring until the end of the book. The format of how this book was structured wasn't something that I enjoyed and it didn't have many enjoyable plot points. Although it did keep me wondering what was going to happen next. The concept of the book was a cool one, but I don't think it was executed to its highest potential. 

Altogether: In the past, I have not found Lauren Oliver's books very enjoyable. None of them really struck me the right way. This book was no exception. While I thought that this was going to be different because so many people really did enjoy this book, that was not the case. I guess I can see why some people really enjoyed this book, but the overall style for me was not my taste.

Because of all of these factors I give this book 2 out of 5 yellow roses, and if I am not mistaken I think that it the lowest rating I have given to a book I have read in a long time. I am not sure if I am going to continue on with the series. Maybe an update on that later.

I hope I didn't offend you if this is your favorite book or something, I'm sorry!

Thanks,
Delaney M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)