The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye Review

Hey guys!
Today I will be review The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye.
Image found here:http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1463414442l/26156203.jpg

So I finished this book at 2 AM last night (or this morning you could say), and I was completely hooked! This novel was gripping from the very beginning. And although this book was not as expected, it was completely captivating. Skye has simple by elegant writing and those little French incorporations that added to the Russian culture was divine. How she crafted Sergei and Galina's very real brother and sister relationship was amazing. In the beginning, Vika was not my favorite character, but as she grew throughout the story, I learned to love her. Some of my favorite characters were Pasha and Nikolai, and Skye executed the perfect little uptight princess with Yuliana. The Crown's Game kept a steady plot and I was hooked from the very beginning. I loved Ludmila, she definitely represented a mother-like figure in my eyes and reminded me of Souki from the show, Gilmore Girls. I took the different emotional blows hit by hit and with all of the twists and turn in the plot, it was never boring. Skye definitely upscaled the "Love Triangle" to something more of a "Love Pentagon". Usually I do not enjoy things like these, but I really thought that this was executed well. It has been a long time since I cried multiple times during a book. But this book broke the streak. I was just so emotionally attached to all of the characters. Skye held homage to Russian culture and added a great element of magic and mystery!
This was all in all an amazing book, maybe my favorite so far of the year, I am not sure.
But this book definitely deserves a 5 out of 5 yellow roses rating. 


I hope you like this review! 
Thanks,
Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)