The Rose Society by Marie Lu Review

Hi guys,

Today I will be reviewing The Rose Society by Marie Lu, book 2 in the Young Elites trilogy.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I thought of it as a solid middle book. One that didn't suffer from the middle book syndrome, which I have to say, was surprising. I loved Marie Lu's writing in this as always and I think she did really well to create a main character that was evil, but we didn't hate her. I really loved the introduction of Magiano in this book, I found that he brought some balance to the characters. The plot was interesting and solid, although I feel that there weren't as many hard hitting plot points as there were in the first one. But still, there were enough to keep the pages turning. I thought the ending was good, although it makes me wonder what will happen in the last novel.

There isn't much more that I'd like to say about this book. I just thought that it was solid, and fun to read. A very good depiction of what a middle book in the series should be like.
Rating: 4 out of 5 yellow roses
Thanks for reading,


Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)