The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli



Hi guys!
Today I will be reviewing The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli.


Image result for the last namsara

Let me start off by saying that with all of the hype that is surrounded by this book, I had super high expectations going into it and it did not live up to those expectations.
With hihg-fantasy novels, I am expecting a great deal; a developed world, a fast-paced-action-packed plot, well-rounded characters that I feel some sort of attachment to. Sadly, this book did not hit all of those marks. Which I think might be my fault with myself setting such a high expectation for it.
Although I thought that the writing style itself was good, as in how Ciccarelli did her sentence structure and flow I thought was very good, I thought that she didn't really develop the story enough in a way. I never really got attached to any of the characters, except for maybe Torwin a little bit. I just thought that for a high-fantasy, not enough stuff was happening really. For books with a slow build I personally feel like you need that anticipation to keep the readers going and that tension and anticipation really needs to be high stakes, and this just wasn't. The plot just wasn't fast enough for what the story was about. And the story idea, I thought, was spectacular! I loved the play on the idea of religion.
Another thing is that I just found the plot a little confusing. I would think that I knew something was happening and then all of a sudden it would twist around, but I'm sure it wasn't a plot twist.
Something that I did really, really enjoy in the book were the stories that were portioned in between and I especially liked how they played with what was happening in the story. I thought that it was very well executed.
At the end of the book I though, I did think that things got a bit better. In the end, though, I just didn't think that it lived up to what I was expecting.

I rate this book 3.5 out of 5 yellow roses.

Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)