Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch

Hi guys!
Today I will be reviewing Love and Luck by Jenna Evans Welch.

Let me start off by saying that I was definitely not disappointed by this book! After having read the first novel, I was slightly afraid that another book wouldn't live up to the first one, or that they would be too similar or something, but they weren't! They were completely different! And it was refreshing and even though it wasn't exactly what I had thought it was going to be, it was still great!

I went into this book, wanting, needing that perfect summer, fluffy, contemporary book that was filled with romance. And although it wasn't exactly filled with romance and wasn't exactly fluffy all the time but I still really, really enjoyed it. 

The relationships between the characters were excellent and especially the brother-sister relationships that were so prominently shown throughout the entire novel were so great to read about. You don't really see that many of those kinds of relationships that are well-done and realistic, but this one was. One of my brothers and I are a year apart and this book made me long for Addie and Ian's type of relationship. I was worried before that the fighting wasn't going to be written well and I wasn't going to enjoy the book nearly as much as I thought I would. But Welch figured out a way to make it realistic and not entirely annoying! I loved Rowan as a character because he had a good amount of depth to him, he didn't end up just being that love-interest in the book as many side-leads are. 

I loved the music aspect and the actual road-trip through Ireland was spectacular. Seeing all of those sites just perfectly done in the book were incredible. The excerpts of the guidebook were also very nice to have in there and they gave an interesting little peak into Ireland. I can tell that Welch put in a lot of time and effort into research on what they were doing and where they were going, things that seem like only native Irishmen would know. I haven't seen many books with true road-trips in them and I will tell you that it was an entirely successful experience. 

I had wished that there were more of a fluffy romance in the book (*shock* . *gasp* . *awe* Delaney wants more romance?!) But this was a time that I really, really needed a book with nice, fun, teen romance. And this doesn't come very often. I wasn't really disappointed by the fact that there wasn't a lot of romance in it, because the book was just that well-done that it didn't even matter. 

I feel like I have something else to say but I can't put my finger on it and I think I have written enough to get my point across in saying that YOU SHOULD READ LOVE AND GELATO AND THEN IMMEDIATELY READ LOVE AND LUCK!!!! 

Jenna Evans Welch is a master crafter. I give this new book of hers 5 out of 5 yellow roses!!!


Thanks for reading,
Delaney M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)