The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye Review

Hi guys!
Today I will finally be reviewing The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye.


If you wanna read my review for the first book, click HERE

Because I was so busy with school, I had nearly no time to read this book so it took me forever to finish, but I just got out on Christmas Break a couple of days ago so I finally have time to read! So now I also finally have time to bring this review to you guys.

Non-Spoiler Section
Overall, I'm not really sure how much I liked this book as a whole really because I read it over such a long period of time and I can't really remember reading the beginning. But I will say what I remember. I felt like the characters and the relationships between the different characters were weaker than the first book. Which would mean that it would really have to be a plot heavy book, but it really wasn't. I felt like things were happening but there wasn't really a huge impact because of them and it didn't feel like a big deal. I will say though, there were a couple twists and turns that I really wasn't expecting that made it more enticing and enjoyable. I also will say that once I hit that point of around 100-150 pages left in the book, I really was enjoying it. There was so much action and I really just wanted to continue reading no matter what. I was texting my friend and I actually just stopped texting him to continue reading that was how good it was! 

The next part is a spoiler section so if you have not read the book yet and are planning to, DO NOT READ THIS NEXT PART!

Spoiler Section
I don't know about you guys, but one of my favorite parts of the Crown's Game was Nikolai and his attitude and his persona and this book completely stripped that away which is probably part of the reason why I didn't like it as much as the last one. I also kinda found Vika a little annoying. The twist where Pasha banned all magic, I was NOT expecting that, which is probably just me being stupid, but it was a nice twist. I just wish it just had more of an impact, packed more a punch, but it didn't really. The ending was kinda cheesy, like Pasha and Yuliana are each other's halves but as family not through the love that Nikolai and Vika have that make them each others better halves. But that doesn't mean that I hated it... 😉. The way that Skye described the battle scene in the end was epic and I thought it was a really good twist ending of Vika's hand getting blown off and how she was saved. 

Really I enjoyed this book but because I had so high expectations because of my hard-core love for the first book, I feel like this was kind of a let-down in parts. 

I enjoyed it enough though so....

My Rating: 3.75 out of 5 yellow roses

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)