Warcross by Marie Lu Review (Mild Spoilers)

Hi guys,
Today I will be reviewing Warcross by Marie Lu!
Warning, there are some mild spoilers in this upcoming review. They are not big or unexpected really, but in case you really don't want to know anything going into this book, do not continue, just drop to the bottom and see my rating of the book.

Okay, so I read this over a long time, so this won't be a really in-depth review. All I'm gonna do is do some of the bullet points of what I think about the book. 
I really enjoyed Hideo as a character and even though I thought that the relationship between Hideo and Emika was a little too much of an "instalove" or at least it just went by too quickly, I still kinda enjoyed reading about it. 
The whole idea of Warcross I thought was really cool and this really is what could happen with the advancements in technology and people's increased interest in gaming. It reminded me of Ready Player One, but completely different, which I liked. 
I really liked a lot of the characters, I thought it was a really good idea to make Asher in a wheelchair because that answers some of the reader's questions about how Warcross can be played without outright saying it. I wished that some of the characters were more prominent just because I liked them a lot. I also wish that Ren was less prominent but I can see why he was. 
The plot was really interesting, there was always something happening. The twists and turns were all well-done, although one of the biggest plot twists of the book I could see from a mile away (I actually, as I was reading it, told my friend what I thought was going to happen before the end and then I could say that I had called it before and I was right!) 
All-in-all, it was a really cool book and I enjoyed reading it a lot. There is a sequel coming out but it doesn't have a release date or even a name. We must be patient!

You guys should all definitely go read it. Like all Marie Lu books, it is very entertaining and the perfect kind of book to get people into reading YA fiction or just reading in general!

My Rating: 4 out of 5 yellow roses 

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)