Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli Review

Hey guys,
Today I will be reviewing Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.


Bet you guys didn't even realize that I was reading this unless you follow my Instagram (@bookloversliftingandcrushing1) but I finished it and Im ready for the review. First I wanna say that I just picked this book up because I found it on the shelf at Barnes and Noble and I said "What the hell, the movie's coming out anyways, might as well". 
Now lets get into the review...

So let me start off by saying that this was a really cool idea for a book. It all felt so real and purposeful. It was nice to read an LGBT book because I haven't really read that many and I am supportive of that community. I will say that one thing that I didn't really enjoy that much about this book was the fact that the author wrote it in that every other guy that Simon met was so hot and he was automatically attracted to them. Which I don't really like in books, whether the main character is gay or not. Even that wasn't really a big deal, because I still really enjoyed the book. 

I really loved the characters of this book, I thought that they were well-done however some were a little over the top, but that's how some teenagers are, so that's realistic. I really loved the family relationships in the book though, I thought it was really heartwarming and refreshing. 

The plot was very fluid and well-done, it made it so that I could easily cruise through the book, even though I really didn't want it to end. The plot twists were so well done that even though I already knew what was going to happen, I was so thrown off when I got there and excited (Im not really sure how to describe how I felt. I will say that when I hit the major plot twist in the book, I had to get up, didnt know what to do so I started washing my hands aggressively). There was a great mystery aspect to it for the whole "Who is Blue thing" which I really enjoyed as well.

All in all, this was a very good book. It was witty, funny, sweet, and heartbreaking. I'm not surprised that so many people love it and they made a movie for it. It was divine.

I rate it 4 out of 5 yellow roses

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)