The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake Book Review

Hello everyone! 

This has been a long awaited read and I finally have a review for a book that was popular a while ago.

With that here is finally a new review up on this page for The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake.


This book was great. It had a captivating concept and beautiful writing, however I cannot give it 5 stars. Typically when we talk about books and their driving factors, we think of two possibilities; plot-driven or character-driven. In this case, for the vast majority of this book, I wouldn't have characterized it as either. I would put it into a different category rather as "concept-driven". The twists and turns really just came in the last 75 pages or so of the book and the minor plot twists occurring at other times seemed largely brushed off. Additionally, I felt as though I did not connect with any of the characters and didn't feel for them whatsoever. I'm not sure if that was intentional or just as a consequence of having a multitude of POVs, but typically what makes a book 5 stars for me involves some sort of emoting with the characters in some way. With that being said, this book still was great. It truly was beautifully crafted in concept and writing and I found myself relishing in that fact. A friend told me it was kind of like Hogwarts but much darker. That drew me in but honestly that was even a huge understatement. Although we don't actually see a whole lot of their learning, the idea of this first year at the Society is extremely intriguing. The freedom they have (or don't have) is refreshing. And those twists and turns that did eventually come really made me want to read more, to read faster and for it to not end. But as I sit here, I don't say to myself "oh my goodness that was so amazing" like I have with even other recent reads, so that is why I give it 4 out of 5 yellow roses.

Thanks for reading,

Delaney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)