House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas (Crescent City Book 1)

 Hello everybody,

Today I will be reviewing my just recently finished book, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas. 




Please note that this review will contain spoilers so if you intend on reading the book you can skip to my rating at the bottom.

So I got this book as a gift from my boyfriend for my birthday last year and a whopping 10 months later I finally got to it. Not having told me this before, he was worried that I wouldn't like the book because my mom had suggested it based on the author and looked up some reviews but from what she saw she didn't know how great it would be.

How ever were they wrong.

This was the best book I have read in a long time. It was a rollercoaster from start to finish and I must have known that it would make me cry by the fact that my initial favorite characters in the book were killed off in 60 pages. But alas, even with the tears, this was still a truly amazing book. 

The way that Maas creates her characters enables the readers to fall in love with them all. Hate who she wants you to hate, love who she wants you to love. And truly feel the love between the different people in the book: Bryce and Hunt, Bryce and Danika, even Bryce and Lehabah. The way that Maas described Bryce and Danika's friendship made me want to have a best friend so badly. And the romance,, oh the romance, between Bryce and Hunt was spectacular. A brooding anti-hero that would seem to have a heart of coal with all of the assassinations he does but in the end, takes care of Bryce so well just as she takes care of him. The scene where Bryce takes care of Hunt after he comes back from killing the drug lords was so heartfelt because it didn't even matter that he was a murderer, she was there to take care of him. And this was even before they realized their love for one another. 

The way things were done I felt for them throughout the whole story and that wasn't the only reason that I was so eager to continue reading. Typically what you see in books is that it is a more character-driven novel or a plot-driven novel but what made this book so amazing was that it was both. And well done in both areas. The amount of twists and turns throughout this book you couldn't even count if you tried. Every time you thought that there might be a conclusion you were hit with something else. Bryce finally kills Micah and breaks free? Uh-oh turns out the demon portal actually was opened. And it happened again and again like that.

Additionally the twists that I didn't see coming whatsoever. Bryce being the true Starborn heir even though she's half human and how the Horn was tattooed on her back the whole time. These twists were also so crucial in connecting everything together. The reason why Danika got her to get a tattoo on a whim and what the Oracle truly saw when she went for that reading when she was 13. 

Honestly I could go on forever talking about this book and how I would just sit and cry as I read it out on my patio during my lunch break, but I'll make it bearable for you all and end it with how excited I am for the next book and how Aidas comes into play as he was the last thing that we saw in the epilogue. 

I feel like my rating is obvious but I'll put it here anyways

5 out of 5 yellow roses

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼


Thanks for reading, 


Delaney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)