A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas

Hey guys! 

Today I will be sharing my review for the novella, A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas.




Peak the picture I took while reading outside in a field in my town

 First of all, I feel wholly unqualified to give this a fair review because I started reading this a really, really, really long time ago, like in winter. But with that being said, when I started reading it, I only read like twenty pages of it and then essentially stopped the entire time I was in school. Then surprisingly, the most time that I had to read was finals week. The time that I am meant to be the most stressed out all semester and staying up all night studying, I actually had the most time all semester to read. Then today, with my allergies blaring, my boyfriend and I sat out in a field and read and we read until I finished the book.

First off, I definitely read this in the wrong month but it didn't make me like it any less. Essentially, this novella takes place during the time of Solstice in the Night Court which is what I most associate with Christmas. If I had read this during the Christmas season I just know that it would put me in such a Christmas mood. The snow falling, the family, the giving of gifts and so much more. Surprisingly, even with reading it during the spring/summer, I really enjoyed it. I think it was from the familial feeling of Christmas type. Very surprised that there wasn't as many steamy scenes earlier on, only more near the end. I did like the additional add into this world and the friends/family of Feyre. I am so used to Sarah J. Maas' books being so incredibly long so this is actually very refreshing. I highly recommend reading this book in the winter months because I think it would just be so much fun to read it by a fire with some hot cocoa.


Thanks for reading,

Delaney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)