Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake SPOILERS

 Hi guys,

Today I will be reviewing Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake, the final book to the Three Dark Crowns series.



I will warn you guys that not only did I write this review last night very late and I do not remember everything that I said but it also contains spoilers for the book. So if you have yet to read it and want to, you can skip over this review but come right back and read it after you read it because it is worth it.

Also feel free to skip right to the PS at the bottom because that is where I give it my rating and if that is all you're after then send it.

It took me so long to get through this book with having a crazy school load that i don't even remember the beginning of it. Or the middle for that matter. So most of this is going to be about the end and I'm writing this late so i want to make it short and sweet. This book was a completely satisfying ending to an amazing series. I don't think it was my favorite of the four, that has to go to the first one for me, but it was still very good. Blake has an amazing and descriptive way of writing that made the Queens War scenes both gruesome and exciting. I thought that the fact that the low magic came full circle and ended up being the thing that saved everyone in the end was an excellent idea. We've spent the majority of the series not wanting to condone the low magic because we are told it is wicked, however with the ending we see that it was exactly what was needed. I was not expecting Mirabella to die or Katherine completely for that matter, but it makes sense in my mind as a strange irony that only one true queen lived but does not rule. The fact that Luke and Billy survived the battle gave that warm fuzzy feeling in my chest and I can only imagine how the relationship between Billy and Arsinoe would grow in the future. On the note of love, i thought it was great to have LBGTQ+ representation especially as the new queen of the island loving (or at least seemingly so) a woman. I would also be very interested to know the relations between the mainland and the island now that the mist is gone. In the epilogue, they describe how they will ask Billy to be the ambassador but i think it would be fun to see other people from the mainland go onto Fennbirn. I don't have many critiques of the book but that is because I don't remember how I felt with reading most of it, it's been kind of a crazy time and i haven't been able to focus on my fun reading so i am glad that i got to finish this book and put up a review for it. Thank you all for hanging in there with me 


Thanks for reading,

Delaney




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)