Books I Read While on Vacation (With Ratings)

Hey guys!

Today I will be telling/short reviewing the books that I read while on vacation with my family!
So initially I brought all of the books that I had left to read, which was 12 and we were gone 12 days and I was just like "hell yeah, I can finish a book a day even though some of these books are over 650 pages". Needless to say, I did not do that, but I did finish a good amount of books so I am pretty excited about that!

1. Now I Rise by Kiersten White
Related image
To be completely honest I cannot remember much about this book. It was pretty long and I didn't take notes during any of these books which is why I am probably not doing full reviews of them. I remember thinking that it was interesting, the relationships between the characters especially. Just like the first book, this one was slow, but it was so intricate and I really enjoyed that. I love the Ottoman Empire and that time period. I know that White did an unbelievable amount of research for this book which I respect.
RATING: 4 out of 5 yellow roses

2. Popular by Maya Van Wagenen
Image result for popular by maya van wagenen
I. Loved. This. Book. It was definitely exactly what I thought it was going to be and that made me so happy. It was definitely very juvenile, like the things that happened in it just because it is a memoir and Maya was either 14 or 15 in it, but her writing was so incredible and mature that it was hard to tell that it was a 16 year old that wrote it. Just the idea and the fact that there were pictures throughout it. It was actually such an amazing book and I definitely got the feelings that I got while reading The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot which I just loved. The aspects of this book, like the fact that they are in southern Texas, which is completely different from New England, where so interesting.
RATING: 5 out of 5 yellow roses

3. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
Image result for tower of dawn
Yes! Yes, I finally have read Tower of Dawn! I had this book for so long and so many people really enjoyed it and I was just so intimidated by the size of it, but I finally read it, and I read it in a day!!!! A day! That's right! I was so excited and it was a very good book and I couldn't believe that I just breezed through it. I think seeing how deep we saw Chaol as a character was refreshing and I really enjoyed the characters. Some of the romantic relationships I was a little suspicious of, but that always happens in SJ Maas books. All in all I really enjoyed. It didn't wow me completely because it didn't really stick with me that much, just enough to know that I really enjoyed it.
RATING: 4.25 out of 5 yellow roses (I did 4.25 because it couldn't be a 4 because it was better than Now I Rise but not good enough to be 4.5 or 5 yellow roses).

4. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Image result for we all looked up
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I went into this book. I only bought it because it was by the same author as Thanks for the Trouble which I haven't even read yet but I am anticipating to love. This ended up to not be anything that I maybe thought it was going to be. The characters were incredibly diverse. There were so many things that played so well into the story that made it both deep and also sometimes humorous. It was pretty great. I spent up all night finishing it and finished it in the matter of hours. I wish the end was different and sometimes I was confused with something that was happening, but all in all I thought it was a really good book.
RATING: 4.5 out of 5 yellow roses

5. The Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Image result for the flame in the mist
I also wasn't really sure what this book was really going to be about but I just kind of bought it because I loved Renee Ahdieh's other books (I have reviews up so you guys should go check those out). This ended up being so much like Mulan in so many ways, read it to find out, which I absolutely adored because Mulan may be my favorite Disney princess. Samurais are fascinating to me and I love Japanese culture so I really enjoyed this book. It took me a little longer to read than I wanted to. With that being said though, it only took me a few days but still.
RATING: 4.25 out of 5 yellow roses

6. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Image result for the summer i turned pretty
So I'm not really sure if this counts as a vacation read because I technically read it when I was back at home, but I'm counting it because I read it that night that I got back. So interesting/uninteresting story here. It was 2 AM, I hadn't slept at all, just tossing and turning and so I just picked up this book and straight up finished the entire thing in the matter of a couple of hours. I just blazed through it and I actually really enjoyed it. It was light and fluffy but it also hit those harder points really well. I didn't flat out love it like it was the best book in the world but I really did like it. Maybe it was the 3 AM talking, but it was good.
RATING: 4.5 out of 5 yellow roses

Those are all of the books that I read while I was on vacation (kinda). I was expecting it to be more books, but I still enjoyed all of the books that I read and I thought that they were all really good. I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Thanks for reading!

Delaney M.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)