The Forgotten Book by Mechthild Glaser Review

Hey guys!
Today I will be reviewing The Forgotten Book by Mechthild Glaser.
Image found here: https://images.macmillan.com/folio-assets/macmillan_us_frontbookcovers_109W/9781250146793.JPG

First off, I would like to say that I was so excited for this book and I thought that the story idea was incredible!
So let's get into this.
I thought that the plot, although interesting, was sometimes muddled at times. Things just seemed to happen and they always happened at really random times and I wasn't a fan of that. (Especially with things that were happening with my favorite character of the first 60 pages of the book). I thought that some of the character's relationships were excellently done and I enjoyed reading about them, but others I thought were too underdeveloped. 
Something else that I would like to say is that although this book takes place in modern times, it made it so it felt like everything was happening years and years ago, which I thought was confusing. 
The writing in it seemed more juvenile than that of The Book Jumper, which disappointed me because I loved The Book Jumper's poetic flow of words. 
It just seemed to me that things were happening without a purpose, which isn't good in a book.
With all this in mind though, I did enjoy myself while reading this book. I think I might have had too high expectations for it though because The Book Jumper was so amazing. 

I rate this book 3.5 out of 5 yellow roses.

Thanks for reading,

Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)