Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch Review

Hi guys,
Today I will be reviewing Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch!

So if you guys saw a previous post, then you will know that I got this book for my birthday and I was so excited for it. And as I read it, my excitement did not subside. I heard about this book and immediately knew that I was going to love it. It definitely did not disappoint.

This book was amazing. The plot was always interesting and I loved how the story switched between the mother's journal and the real story. The mysterious aspect of the story is something that I really loved because it made me want to keep reading the book, but then again, I never wanted it to end. 

I loved the characters throughout the book. I thought that Welch did really well at looking back into the mindset of a teenage girl and I loved Ren throughout this book. 

Something else that I thought was really interesting that I didn't even notice until finishing this book is that this book took place over the course of less than a week which it definitely didn't feel like that. 

Welch definitely nailed the perfect summer novel; with Italy dipped in love, gelato, mystery and history. 

I also loved the end....

Thanks for reading,

Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)