P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han Review

Hey guys!
Today I will be reviewing P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han.
Image found here: http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/onix/cvr9781442426740/p-s-i-still-love-you-9781442426740_hr.jpg

Let me start off by saying that in no way is this book perfect. The writing style appeals to teenage girls specifically and so does the plot, but that doesn't mean that I loved it any less. Some of the relationships may seem ridiculous at first, but then you realize that that is actually what high school relationships are like. No matter how ridiculous it sounds while you are reading it, you should know, Jenny Han is pretty spot on. 
As I said before, this book is not perfect, there were flaws in the story and characters, as did the first one in this series. But if you are looking for a really soft and fluffy read, this is the book to go with. This was a rollercoaster of emotions that kept me hooked and made me not want to finish it. This book was so nice to pick up and just read a few chapters when I was feeling even a little sad. And that is what these fluffy contemporaries are all about.
I know what you're thinking, a lot of contemporaries are not "well-done" books, and I can agree with you on that. Most of the time they are under-developed, lacking in plot, and are unrealistic for what is supposedly real. But this book broke down those stereotypes. It was realistic, developed, and was barely ever lacking in plot. 
I will say before I end this very informal review, Kitty is so great. She is by far my favorite in these books and will forever be. 
Rating: 4 out of 5 yellow roses

Thanks,

Delaney M.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Funny Book Lover Memes

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag

Most Anticipated YA Releases of 2021 (Part One)